Monday, October 18, 2010

Quote Design

This is my quote design, which was a quote by John Lennon. I used color and value a great deal on this design, because blue and orange are complementary colors and because its such a cool color, orange looks great against orange too. This makes for a good contrast between the background and Lennon's face. The assignment was basically just to create a design based on a quote, and I made it my own by using an expressive, eye-catching palette and a bold design. This design didn't go through too many changes along the way that deviated from the original plan, but I WAS going to color in random words in the image to make the quote again. In the end it didnt look right and detracted from the image so i took it out.

2 comments:

  1. It was hard to pick which one of yours to comment on because everything you make is amazing! Your use of color in this one is beautiful. You can clearly read the quote and see the picture. I like how the colors on the bottom of the picture continue on in some parts to the bottom of the page.

    ReplyDelete